If an applicant needs to change the established payment method of a FRN, they will need to request a change of invoice mode.

To change from a SPI Form to a BEAR Form (or vice versa) the procedure is as follows:

  • The Applicant must submit a written request containing the following information:
    • 471 Application number
    • Funding Request Number (FRN)
    • Billed Entity Number
    • Applicant Name
    • Applicant Contact Person
    • Applicant Phone Number
    • SPIN
    • Service Provider Name
    • Service Provider Contact Person
    • Service Provider Phone Number
    • Preferred Invoice Mode
    • Reason for the Change
  • The written request must be signed by both the applicant and the service provider and sent via mail to the following address: Schools and Libraries Division - Correspondence Unit 30 Lanidex Plaza West PO Box 685 Parsippany, NJ 07054-0685

If the request is made after funds have already been disbursed, the funds must be returned to USAC before payments will be made on the method. Instructions for returning funds to USAC can be found here.