- Concentrating efforts along the right priorities in an effective manner
- Honing attention, time and energy into fulfilling specific responsibilities
- Guarding against distractions and saying “no” to that which degrades high-quality performance
A big reason FFL clients are successful in receiving E-rate funding has to do with focus, this week’s FFL GuideMark. Focus is all about concentrating efforts on the right priorities in an effective manner. When time, energy and other resources are focused properly on the right tasks, it is amazing what can happen.
The benefits of good focus are many. Having a proper focus:
- Counteracts resource challenges by helping us focus the limited resources that we have where they are needed most. If you don’t have enough time to get it all done, maybe that’s okay. After all, sometimes it all doesn’t need to get done. Focus helps us get done what needs to get done.
- Allows us to accomplish more than we thought possible. I am continually amazed at the sheer capacity that we as humans have been blessed with. We have all heard stories of determined individuals who kept their eye on a particular prize and wouldn’t let go and wouldn’t give up until they had reached their goal and fulfilled their dream. It is inspiring to me to see the vast capacity that exists within all of us. Focus taps into the capacity that lies within each of us.
- Guards against distractions. When we are focused, we keep our attention where it needs to be. Possible time-energy wasters never have a chance to take hold when we are properly focused.
I know that I will never have all of the time or energy that I would like to have; however, I have come to appreciate the importance of focus in making good use of what I have. This is one of the reasons that FFL provides only E-rate funding related services. We have made a decision to limit our services in order that we might make the best use of the knowledge and experience that we have.
It is important to concentrate on the work that we have been given. When we focus on doing the right work, in the right way, it helps our clients, it leads to better job satisfaction for us all, and it helps us all make the most of the limited time and energy that we have been given.
Key Words and Phrases
To concentrate attention; Emphasis; Fasten; Center; Train; To have a clear perception; To bring to focus.
Blurry; Out of focus; Without direction.
GuideMarks – Distinguishing Characteristics of FFL E-rate Guides
Copyright © 2012 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- July 9, 2012 - Professionalism
- July 16, 2012 - Solution-Minded
- July 23, 2012 - Work By Design
- July 30, 2012 - Neatness Counts
- August 5, 2012 - Share the Reason
- August 13, 2012 - Understand the Reason
- August 20, 2012 - Intentional Learning
- August 27, 2012 - Calming Presence
- September 4, 2012 - Commitment
- September 10, 2012 - Reliability
- September 17, 2012 - Proactive
- September 24, 2012 - Offer No Excuses
- October 1, 2012 - Teamwork
- October 8, 2012 - Thoroughness
- October 15, 2012 - Reinforce the Good
- October 22, 2012 - Your Best Work Forward
- October 29, 2012 - Timeliness