FY2015: Better Late Than Never
“Me? A procrastinator? I’ll prove you wrong someday – just wait and see.” In keeping with trends in prior years, a substantial number of applicants filed their Funding Year 2015 applications in the last seven days of the filing window.
- Thirty-eight Form 471s were filed on January 14, the first day of the filing window
- 6,132 Form 471s (47% of requested dollars) were filed on the last day of the window
- 65.8% of funds requested were on applications filed after the original deadline was extended.
The chart below shows Funding Year 2015 applications by submission date, grouped in seven day intervals:
For FY2015, almost 37% of Form 471 applications (representing 47% of requested funds) were filed in the last seven days of the filing window.
On March 12, USAC announced a three week extension of the original deadline, from March 26 to April 16. Many applicants took advantage of the extension, with over 65% of total FY2015 requested funds appearing on applications filed after the original deadline:
- Ninety-one applications were filed on Valentine’s Day (which fell on a Saturday.) Is there anything more romantic?
- Fifty-two applications were filed on Easter Sunday.
- The largest single application, at over $35.5M, was filed on the original deadline of March 26. The smallest application, for a whopping $0.94, was filed on the actual deadline of April 16.