- Developing creative approaches to fulfill the needs of others
- Striving to succeed and staying positive even when encountering resistance
- Searching for a resolution to satisfy the needs and requirements of all parties
What’s a chemist’s favorite GuideMark? Solution-Minded.
Terrible jokes aside, Solution-Minded is one of my favorite GuideMarks. As a software developer, it is at the core of what I do all day long. Whenever we are given challenges or a need to fill, we dig deep into the problem and figure out the best way to address it. Sometimes this is quick and easy – other times it can take months of work. But done right, your solution should address the issue for all parties involved.
I also find that Solution-Minded also complements our other GuideMarks quite well. It completes Work By Design – and it is needed when others’ designs don’t work. Being Solution-Minded compels Thoroughness as well. And, done properly, it helps you to have (and provide to others) a Calming Presence.
GuideMarks – Distinguishing Characteristics of FFL E-rate Guides
Copyright © 2018 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- November 3, 2017 - Teamwork
- November 10, 2017 - Share the Reason
- November 17, 2017 - Offer No Excuses
- November 24, 2017 - Intentional Learning
- December 1, 2017 - Calming Presence
- December 8,2017 - Commitment
- December 15, 2017 - Reliability
- January 12, 2018 - Thoroughness
- January 19, 2018 - Reinforce the Good
- January 26, 2018 - Your Best Work Forward
- February 2, 2018 - Timeliness
- February 9, 2018 - Focus
- February 16, 2018 - Professionalism