Focusing No Matter What
- Concentrating efforts along the right priorities in an effective manner
- Honing attention, time and energy into fulfilling specific responsibilities
- Guarding against distractions and saying “no” to that which degrades high-quality performance
There are numerous distractions around us throughout the day that can hinder our need to focus. Cell phones, family and friends, co-workers, and the internet are among the things that cause us to lose focus. The need to focus requires us to set our minds into an area that allows us to not be distracted. Let’s dive more into focus and ways to help accomplish concentration efforts at all times.
So how do we as adults strive to find the focus needed to concentrate towards the right priorities and guard against distractions?
1) Find a “No Matter What” zone to accomplish goals you have set. A “No Matter What” zone means that nothing and no one can bother you or interrupt your time to focus, nor can people use your time and energy for useless banter.
2) Hiding your cell phone so that you won’t be tempted to reply to every text message or read every email until you complete your current task.
3) Taking a break away from your computer to give your brain some time to relax and reset for a little while. Grab a drink, take a walk, or getting some fresh air can help put your mind at ease.
The filing window is amongst us, and the ways to focus we talked about previously should be considered. There will be days where we work long hours and even come in on the weekends to finish filing applications, so frequent breaks and “No Matter What” zones will become more important to us all. There are many ways people choose to focus and I hope I have helped with a few ways to help with yours.
Key Words and Phrases
To concentrate attention; Emphasis; Fasten; Center; Train; To have a clear perception; To bring to focus.
Blurry; Out of focus; Without direction.
GuideMarks – Distinguishing Characteristics of FFL E-rate Guides
Copyright © 2018 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- October 13, 2017 - Professionalism
- October 20, 2017 - Work By Design
- October 27, 2017 - Solution-Minded
- November 3, 2017 - Teamwork
- November 10, 2017 - Share the Reason
- November 17, 2017 - Offer No Excuses
- November 24, 2017 - Intentional Learning
- December 1, 2017 - Calming Presence
- December 8,2017 - Commitment
- December 15, 2017 - Reliability
- January 12, 2018 - Thoroughness
- January 19, 2018 - Reinforce the Good
- January 26, 2018 - Your Best Work Forward
- February 2, 2018 - Timeliness