Recognizing Stress and Maintaining a Calming Presence
- Maintaining proper composure and perspective, even when the stakes are high
- Offering a steady and consistent approach in the midst of stressful circumstances
- Reducing the stress in others while staying collected, despite external agitation
School administrators and educators wear many hats throughout each day, as they have multiple responsibilities dealing with students, parents and the community at large. And, E-rate is typically not at the forefront of administrators’ minds when districts and libraries finalize summer projects and prepare for the rush of students who will walk through the doors this fall.
Handling great responsibility often comes with a load of stress, and obtaining or maintaining composer in stressful situations is tricky. Juggling deadlines is one of the more stressful situations that Funds For Learning works on with clients on a daily basis, and keeping a calm presence is key.
Staying calm is easy, right? Just breathe in, breathe out, and then focus on the task at hand. Of course, not all situations can be solved in this way, but we have seen that when we are a calming presence while assisting a client, they are calm as well; and planning for reimbursements or procurements is much easier to handle.
FFL recognizes that just filling out the E-rate paperwork and not missing deadlines is not all that we are about, but it is the manner in which we provide our service that separates us from other consultants. School administrators are under enormous pressure and the one area that FFL can control is the manner in which we provide our service, and finding ways to lower the blood pressure of our clients and customers. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more about how FFL can help provide E-rate compliance services to your district or library.
Key Words and Phrases
Steady and collected; Not agitated or disturbed; Steadiness of mind under stress; Composed; Peaceful; Cause to be calm; Collected; Abate stress.
Agitation; Commotion; Disturb; Stir up.
GuideMarks – Distinguishing Characteristics of FFL E-rate Guides
Copyright © 2018 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- April 20, 2018 - Reliability
- April 27, 2018 - Proactive
- May 4, 2018 - Neatness
- May 18, 2018 - Thoroughness
- May 25,2018 - Reinforce the Good
- June 1, 2018 - Timeliness
- June 8, 2018 - Focus
- June 15, 2018 - Your Best Work Forward
- June 22, 2018 - Professionalism
- June 29, 2018 - Solution-Minded
- July 13, 2018 - Teamwork
- July 20,2018 - Share the Reason
- July 27, 2018 - Offer No Excuses
- August 3, 2018 - Intentional Learning
- August 10, 2018 - Commitment