Avoiding “That’ll do”
- Providing outcomes that represent the best efforts for the task at hand
- Going the extra mile to deliver completed assignments to co-workers and customers
- Refusing to be satisfied with incomplete or inferior work
Planning ahead will help avoid common mistakes and help ensure we don’t run out of time. Planning helps to identify problems before they occur, so we can avoid them in the first place. If you are taking time to plan, then you probably are not waiting until the last minute to start. Nothing encourages a “That’ll do” attitude like a looming deadline.
Everyone can appreciate the work of a craftsman, so be a craftsman of whatever it is that you do. Spend time learning the best ways to accomplish your goals and practicing “your art”. Craftsmanship doesn’t just happen, and it certainly doesn’t happen by just doing the bare minimum. If you are writing a report, be sure to check your spelling and grammar and also make sure you used the same font throughout the entire document. If you are creating an E-rate application, double check everything and get a colleague to check your work before you submit it. Attention to the small details is where quality will start to shine. Also, more doesn’t necessarily mean quantity. Twice as much junk is not usually better than one thing that is twice as good. Your goal should be to consistently deliver quality results.
Remind yourself that what you do and how you do it will be directly related back to you. Also remember that others will see your attitude and ability in your results. Refuse to accept “That’ll do.”
Key Words and Phrases
Excellence; Greatest degree of good; Maximum effort; Highest quality service; Do your best; Top performance; Finest; Complete, lacking in nothing.
Lacking; Incomplete; Unprepared; Shoddy.
Copyright © 2018 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- June 1, 2018 - Timeliness
- June 8, 2018 - Focus
- June 15, 2018 - Your Best Work Forward
- June 22, 2018 - Professionalism
- June 29, 2018 - Solution-Minded
- July 13, 2018 - Teamwork
- July 20,2018 - Share the Reason
- July 27, 2018 - Offer No Excuses
- August 3, 2018 - Intentional Learning
- August 10, 2018 - Commitment
- August 17, 2018 - Calming Presence
- August 24, 2018 - Reliability
- August 31, 2018 - Proactive
- September 7, 2018 - Neatness Counts
- September 14, 2018 - Understand the Reason
- September 21, 2018 - Thoroughness
- September 28, 2018 - Reinforce the Good