The Importance of Following Through
- Treating others with respect and courtesy, being honest and responsible at all times
- Adhering to high standards of integrity and ethics without wavering
- Dressing, communicating, and conducting myself in a manner appropriate to the setting
This past year I had my first experience with leasing my own apartment. I came in with, perhaps naive, expectations that the management would be holding up their end of the lease.
The property manager worked very hard to protect her own job and not fully acknowledge the lack of fulfilled responsibility, and lack of respect for my health/time. In the end, they agreed to let me out of the lease and partially refund me. But it left a bitter taste in my mouth, and a very negative outlook on what the company is able to handle professionally. It was very clear to me that they did not have the best interests of their clients in mind.
One of our GuideMark at Funds for Learning is Professionalism. Professionalism is a conglomeration of several attributes that work together. A couple of these attributes are respect and responsibility. When we serve our clients, it is important that we respect their time and the agreement that we have entered into with them. We have a responsibility to respond to, show up for, and fulfill the tasks needed to deliver the best results possible. Utilizing professionalism ensures that the people we serve have confidence in us, and can trust that we will be able to serve them to the best of our abilities.
Key Words and Phrases
Exhibiting courteous behavior; Conscientious manners; Technical prowess; Expert; Ethical standards; Trained; Experienced; Authority.
Amateur; Inexperienced; Dabbler; Non-expert.
- March 21, 2019 - Solution-Minded
- March 29, 2019 - Offer No Excuses
- April 5, 2019 - Work By Design
- April 12,2019 - Teamwork
- April 19, 2019 - Share the Reason
- April 26, 2019 - Intentional Learning
- May 3, 2019 - Calming Presence
- May 10, 2019 - Commitment
- May 17, 2019 - Reliability
- May 24, 2019 - Proactive
- May 31, 2019 - Neatness Counts
- June 7, 2019 - Understand the Reason
- June 14, 2019 - Thoroughness
- June 21, 2019 - Reinforce the Good
- June 28, 2019 - Your Best Work Forward
- July 12, 2019 - Timeliness
- July 19, 2019 - Focus