Timeliness Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
- Fulfilling needs at the right moment with the proper use of resources
- Completing responsibilities punctually and at the correct pace
- Delivering on time so that others have adequate time to meet their obligations
“Timeliness is in the eye of the beholder” – John HarringtonFrom Filing Windows to Invoices, there are many important deadlines in the E-rate program. At Funds For Learning, we know that Timeliness is not just meeting those deadlines, it is also delivering on time so that others have adequate time to meet their own obligations. You need to fully understand the recipient’s position to be able to judge whether your own work is timely. It’s something that we can all relate too, because we’ve probably been on both the giving and receiving end of it.
As an example, back when my wife was in college, she had the classic group project; you know the one, where you end up doing all the work while your classmates barely show up. The assignment was divided into three parts, and it was agreed that she would combine them together in the end. Both of her teammates sent their assignments one hour before class started – but my wife was already at school for her other classes that day. Because they had not sent anything, she had stayed up late the night before frantically coming up with their parts. They may as well have not even done any work. Obviously, her teammates’ work in this scenario was not timely.
At Funds For Learning, we strive to fulfill our obligations not just on the deadline, but early enough that our clients have sufficient time to review and approve out work. Enough time so that if any changes are necessary, they can be made, and it isn’t a big deal. Delivering in a timely manner lowers stress, improves our relationship with clients, and improves the quality of our output.
Key Words and Phrases
At the right time; Punctual; Convenient; Prompt; In time; Well-timed; Occurring at a suitable time.
Tardy; Too late; Missed chance.
GuideMarks – Distinguishing Characteristics of FFL E-rate Guides
Copyright © 2019 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- July 19, 2019 - Focus
- July 26, 2019 - Professionalism
- August 2, 2019 - Solution-Minded
- August 9, 2019 - Work By Design
- August 16, 2019 - Teamwork
- August 23, 2019 - Share the Reason
- August 30, 2019 - Offer No Excuses
- September 6, 2019 - Intentional Learning
- September 13, 2019 - Calming Presence
- September 20, 2019 - Commitment
- September 27, 2019 - Reliability
- October 4, 2019 - Proactive
- October 11,2019 - Neatness Counts
- October 18, 2019 - Understand the Reason
- November 1, 2019 - Your Best Work Forward
- November 8, 2019 - Reinforce the Good