Care to Explain That?
- Explaining the rationale behind a request or recommendation
- Equipping others with the purpose of an assignment and the significance of information
- Giving the details, sharing the context and removing the mystery behind our words and actions
Why do we do the things we do? It's an important question, especially when you find yourself falling into certain routines. Actions that seem completely normal to you may seem to others as odd or unnecessary. Many of us have our little quirks, right? We cut our toast diagonally instead of straight across. We fill our cars with gas every Saturday morning whether it needs it or not. We still buy CDs instead of downloading music (this one's mine!).
Key Words and Phrases
Offer a rationale; Explain; Give details; Clarify; Describe; Put in plain words; Make clear; Enlighten.
Mystery; In the dark; Secrecy; Ambiguity.
GuideMarks – Distinguishing Characteristics of FFL E-rate Guides
Copyright © 2020 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- August 30, 2019 - Offer No Excuses
- September 6, 2019 - Intentional Learning
- September 13, 2019 - Calming Presence
- September 20, 2019 - Commitment
- September 27, 2019 - Reliability
- October 4, 2019 - Proactive
- October 11,2019 - Neatness Counts
- October 18, 2019 - Understand the Reason
- November 1, 2019 - Your Best Work Forward
- November 8, 2019 - Reinforce the Good
- November 15, 2019 - Timeliness
- November 22, 2019 - Focus
- December 6, 2019 - Professionalism
- December 13, 2019 - Solution-Minded
- December 20, 2019 - Work By Design
- January 10, 2020 - Teamwork