Impressed with Neatness
- Arranging documents and other communications in an easy-to-follow, useful manner
- Identifying and properly labeling data, information sources and assumptions
- Organizing work in a methodical and tidy fashion, free from irregularity
The GuideMark “Neatness Counts” is about effectiveness and efficiency. Not to belabor the point, it is more effective and efficient to be neat and organized than to be messy and disorganized.
There are quite a few, but I’ll just mention one. That is, you only get one chance to make a first impression, and you have to work very hard to overcome a bad one. This is especially important when what you provide is information. In this case it is important that what you provide is neat and well organized. The usual ‘product’ is most likely an electronic document or report, and the recipient will certainly see more value in your work if it is well formatted and the information most important to them is readily available.
Simple strategies that can improve neatness may include using consistent fonts and styles, including charts, summaries, and indexes if the results are lengthy or very detailed, and arranging the results in a logical and readable way.
Key Words and Phrases
Precise; Tidy; Methodical; Fastidious; Free from irregularity; Systematic; Arranged orderly; Admirable.
Disorganized; Sloppy; Messy; Disheveled.
Copyright © 2020 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- October 18, 2019 - Understand the Reason
- November 1, 2019 - Your Best Work Forward
- November 8, 2019 - Reinforce the Good
- November 15, 2019 - Timeliness
- November 22, 2019 - Focus
- December 6, 2019 - Professionalism
- December 13, 2019 - Solution-Minded
- December 20, 2019 - Work By Design
- January 10, 2020 - Teamwork
- January 17, 2020 - Share the Reason
- January 24, 2020 - Offer No Excuses
- January 31, 2020 - Intentional Learning
- February 7, 2020 - Calming Presence
- February 14, 2020 - Commitment
- February 21, 2020 - Reliability
- February 28, 2020 - Proactive