52% of FY2020 Funds Committed
USAC awarded an additional $54.3 million in E-rate funding this past week, corresponding to 52% of funds requested. The remaining 48% fall into one of several categories: USAC Initial Review (28%), Applicant PIA (10%), Summer Deferral (8%), Final Review / Wave Ready (1%), and a very small percentage in a special review status. The chart below shows the status of funds requested by service category. 63% of the Category One dollars requested for Internet access have been awarded compared to 36% of the Category Two dollars requested for on-campus connectivity.
Note: the status is a “snapshot in time” as of August 21, 2020. The status of an application can change frequently, even in the course of a day, depending upon the level of activity. For purposes of this analysis, the USAC reported status of each Form 471 application has been consolidated into a general status description using the following guidelines: