Focusing In Order to Grow
- Concentrating efforts along the right priorities in an effective manner
- Honing attention, time and energy into fulfilling specific responsibilities
- Guarding against distractions and saying “no” to that which degrades high-quality performance
Focus involves concentrating on efforts, viewing assignments clearly, and having the right priorities. Reviewing this description as I prepared to write about Focus, I realized how much this GuideMark applies to a project I have been working on with our team.
For example, given the volume of information that crosses my desk daily, it has become much harder for me to keep up with it all. I personally review and track items in E-rate Manager, Teams, Outlook, various spreadsheets and my notepad. This is doable, but if I could reduce the number of places I look, then I could manage my work more effectively.
Currently, I am leading an initiative to provide our entire organization with a single spot where we can organize tasks and see everything that is taking place. This will help our E-rate Guides better serve schools and libraries. It will give all of us a clearer understanding of what we are doing, and it will allow us to focus our efforts more effectively. And then maybe I won’t need as many notepads.
To concentrate attention; Emphasis; Fasten; Center; Train; To have a clear perception; To bring to focus.
Blurry; Out of focus; Without direction.
Copyright © 2020 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- April 24, 2020 - Professionalism
- May 1, 2020 - Solution-Minded
- May 8, 2020 - Work By Design
- May 15, 2020 - Teamwork
- May 22, 2020 - Share the Reason
- June 5, 2020 - Offer No Excuses
- June 12, 2020 - Intentional Learning
- June 19, 2020 - Calming Presence
- June 26, 2020 - Commitment
- July 10, 2020 - Reliability
- July 17, 2020 - Proactive
- July 24, 2020 - Neatness Counts
- July 31, 2020 - Understand the Reason
- August 7, 2020 - Thoroughness
- August 14, 2020 - Reinforce the Good
- August 21, 2020 - Your Best Work Forward
- August 28, 2020 - Timeliness