How 'bout Them Apples
- Planning ahead of time what it will take to achieve a desired outcome
- Thinking through the priorities, resources, and methods necessary to achieve a specific result
- Working smarter, not just harder, by leveraging knowledge, experience, team skills and available tools
Work By Design is one of the Funds for Learning GuideMarks that I find myself applying to my everyday routine quite often.
To me juggling looks effortless and it just flows smoothly and naturally, but the reality is that it takes a well thought out process and knowledge of the tasks at hand to make it all work. For example, if I tried to juggle apples, I’m pretty sure I would drop everything and just end up with one apple that I can successfully toss between my hands.
Some of the keys to keeping all the "apples in the air" is knowing what your priorities are, what your resources are, and leveraging the situation so that you can achieve the desired result without ending up with a bruised apple.
Sometimes, you must experience a task before you can truly wrap your head around what is going to work to bring about the outcome you are aiming for. There are many processes I tried out which ended up being "bruised apple" approaches. I am fortunate that I have many experienced and insightful colleagues, or fellow jugglers, that I can reach out to who have helped me to figure out a system that accomplishes the goals set to ensure the best service for our clients.
Work By Design is a GuideMark that encourages growth and teamwork, which result in better more efficient procedures all around! Even if it is just juggling apples.
Key Words and Phrases
Skillful use of time and energy; Good use of resources with little waste; Produce desired result effectively; Work smarter, not just harder; Potent; Fruitful; Efficient; Productive
Wasteful; Ineffective; Unproductive; Ill-planned
Copyright © 2020 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- May 15, 2020 - Teamwork
- May 22, 2020 - Share the Reason
- June 5, 2020 - Offer No Excuses
- June 12, 2020 - Intentional Learning
- June 19, 2020 - Calming Presence
- June 26, 2020 - Commitment
- July 10, 2020 - Reliability
- July 17, 2020 - Proactive
- July 24, 2020 - Neatness Counts
- July 31, 2020 - Understand the Reason
- August 7, 2020 - Thoroughness
- August 14, 2020 - Reinforce the Good
- August 21, 2020 - Your Best Work Forward
- August 28, 2020 - Timeliness
- September 4, 2020 - Focus
- September 11, 2020 - Professionalism
- September 18, 2020 - Solution-Minded