Staying Committed During These Hard Times
- Keeping promises while facing challenges or the temptation of an easier path
- Seeing something through to the end and keeping the right attitude about it
- Honoring my responsibilities with diligence, even when it requires sacrifice
This pandemic has pushed me to a whole new level in my life and I’m sure in everyone’s life as well. It’s crazy to know that our new “Normal” is nothing compared to what it was a year ago. Honestly, it’s so hard to stay committed to something now compared to last year when you have so many new things you have to change and get used to. Being committed to something is a bit more challenging now. It’s going to probably be a bit harder to do for a while. For example, having to wear a mask as a new “normal” is not easy for me. But making it a commitment to do so, protects others around you so that you can protect yourself is something I take very seriously.
Commitment means giving a piece of ourselves in what we do. It sounds simple but it’s not. To some it may come easy, to others like myself it’s not that simple. Having four kids and knowing that life is not at all easy staying committed for them is the best thing I can offer to them as a mother. Staying committed to keeping them safe and do my best to always protect them when I know that sometimes that’s not always possible. There are several things I can’t protect them from but what I know is that I will always stay committed to doing everything I can in my power to do so and let them know that. Like I mentioned, this pandemic does not make this easy.
You need to realize that there are many things out there, that are worth being committed for. The things that matter most to you. For me, I can say that I will do my best to remain committed as much as possible to the things that are worth fighting for like my family and my job. We don’t know what the future holds at this moment so just holding on to what you can, do the best you can and it will all be worth it at the end.
Key words and phrases
Sticking with it; Faithfulness; Worthy of trust; Diligent and reliable; Dedication to a pledge; Dependable Sacrifice to keep a promise; Taking ownership of a situation
Not finishing the job; Undependable; Not worthy of trust; Wishy-washy
Copyright © 2020 Funds For Learning, LLC. About the Funds For Learning GuideMarks.
- June 26, 2020 - Commitment
- July 10, 2020 - Reliability
- July 17, 2020 - Proactive
- July 24, 2020 - Neatness Counts
- July 31, 2020 - Understand the Reason
- August 7, 2020 - Thoroughness
- August 14, 2020 - Reinforce the Good
- August 21, 2020 - Your Best Work Forward
- August 28, 2020 - Timeliness
- September 4, 2020 - Focus
- September 11, 2020 - Professionalism
- September 18, 2020 - Solution-Minded
- September 25, 2020 - Work by Design
- October 2, 2020 - Teamwork
- October 9, 2020 - Share the Reason
- October 16, 2020 - Offer No Excuses
- October 23, 2020 - Intentional Learning
- October 30, 2020 - Calming Presence