On August 31, 2015 the FCC released several appeal decisions related to the E-rate program. The FCC granted 58 appeals and waivers, while denying 30 appeals.
Successful appeals and waiver requests dealt with the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests Less Than 12 Months Late
- Late Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Allowing Installation of Internal Connections from Separate Vendor
Appeals were denied regarding the following issues:
- FCC Form 470 with Inadequate Specificity and no Indication of RFP on Services Being Sought
- Invoice Deadline Extension Request Less than 12 Months Late
- Invoice Deadline Extension Request More than 12 Months Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Reinstating Cancelled Funding Requests
- Signed Contract Requirement
- Untimely Filed Request for Review
- Discount Calculation Correction
The FCC Appeal Decisions can be viewed here.