FCC Releases July Appeal Decisions
On July 31, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 8 requests, granted 14 and denied 64 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC’s Request for Information;
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed within 14 days of the Close of the Window;
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests;
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors – FCC Form 471
- Untimely – Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here. The FCC directs USAC to complete its review of these applications and issue a funding commitment or a denial based on a complete review and analysis, no later than 90 calendar days of the release of this Public Notice.