FCC Releases September Appeal Decisions
On September 28, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 12 requests, granted 13 and denied 44 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- 28-Day Competitive Bidding Rule
- Incorrect Service Start Date on FCC Form 486
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Error
- Timely-Filed Appeal
- Waiver of Appeal- or Waiver-Filing Deadline
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Seeking E-Rate Support for Services Not Covered by the Applicant’s Competitive Bidding Process
- Untimely-Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here. The FCC directs USAC to complete its review of these applications and issue a funding commitment or a denial based on a complete review and analysis, no later than 90 calendar days of the release of this Public Notice.