Record Numbers for First Wave of 2020
On May 9, 2020, USAC released the first wave of Funding Commitment Decision Letters for Funding Year 2020. 15,421 applicants were awarded a total of $680.7 million in FY2020 Wave 001. This wave came only ten days after the close of the filing window, and was a record setting funding wave by all accounts:
- The most funding ever awarded in the first wave.
- The largest funding wave ever recorded.
- The highest percentage of applicants awarded funding in a single wave.
- The highest percentage of requested funds awarded in a single wave.
- The fastest a first funding wave has ever been issued.