USAC Schools & Libraries Meeting Notes: July 28, 2014
On July 28, 2014, the USAC Schools & Libraries Committee held their Quarterly Board Meeting. The Committee discussed the following issues:
- The Board approved the 4th Quarter 2014 Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism Demand Projection for the August 2nd, 2014 FCC Filing. There is approximately $400 million that the SLD has identified for possible rollover for future years;
- The Board approved the 4th Quarter 2014 Budget for $13.2 million with a $.0.7 Million Capital budget for IT improvements. The revised 2014 Annual Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism Programmatic Budgets for the year is now $49.7 million which is a slight reduction from the April Board meeting projection. The reduction is due to the fact the Board has not yet finalized the vendor selection process for the BCAP audits;
- The Board approved the SLD’s recommendation to deny all FY 2014 Priority Two Applications due to lack of funds available. It typically takes the FCC a couple of weeks to approve the board recommendation;
- The Board approved one service provider USAC Internal Audit Division (IAD) Beneficiary Audit Reports. The IAD is seeking recovery of $13,000 due to lack of documentation from the service provider regarding the eligibility of the basic maintenance service;
- The Board discussed the SLD’s E-rate 2.0 implementation plan. The SLD is currently working on a new Form 470 and Form 471, will release 40 short training videos on the new Order, working on new procedures for the upcoming year and the SLD will schedule an E-rate training webinar over the coming weeks;
- FCC Chairman Thomas Wheeler attended the Meeting, but the issues discussed were held in Executive Session which is not open to the public.
Note: The information above is not the official minutes from the meeting, but simply notes from Funds For Learning. The official minutes for this meeting, as well as minutes from previous meetings, can be found here.