On August 30, 2017, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 8 requests, granted 14 and denied 32 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC's Request for Information
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Error
- Unable to Timely Invoice Awaiting USAC Action
The SLD has 90 days to review these appeals and release funding commitment decision letters based on this public notice.
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Improper Service Provider Involvement in FCC Form 470
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Untimely Filed Requests for Review
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here.