FCC Asks About Category 2 Budgets
On September 22, 2017, the FCC Wireline Competition Bureau released a Public Notice seeking comments on the Category Two budget system. The FCC’s request included a broad range of items associated with the budget system, among them:
- What types of projects have received support?
- Is there information about C2-eligible projects that occurred without the benefit of E-rate discounts?
- Does the budget system’s impact vary based on geography, applicant profile, and/or other factors?
- For applicants that have not requested C2 funds, are sites sufficiently networked and/or are there other reasons for not applying?
- Can improvements be made to the administration of the budget system? Can budget calculations be simplified?
- How can the process related to C2 budgets be improved? What changes should be made to EPC?
Comments are due October 23, 2017 and reply comments are due by Novemeber 7, 2017. The full text of the public notice is available here.