On September 22, 2017, the FCC Wireline Competition Bureau released a Public Notice seeking comments on the Category Two budget system. The FCC’s request included a broad range of items associated with the budget system, among them:
- What types of projects have received support?
- Is there information about C2-eligible projects that occurred without the benefit of E-rate discounts?
- Does the budget system’s impact vary based on geography, applicant profile, and/or other factors?
- For applicants that have not requested C2 funds, are sites sufficiently networked and/or are there other reasons for not applying?
- Can improvements be made to the administration of the budget system? Can budget calculations be simplified?
- How can the process related to C2 budgets be improved? What changes should be made to EPC?
As a reminder, the comments are due October 23, 2017 and reply comments are due by November 7, 2017. The full text of the public notice is available here.