FCC Releases December Appeal Decisions
On December 29, 2017 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E‑rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 2 requests, granted 4 and denied 16 appeals on various grounds.
Successful appeals were tied to:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed Within 14 days of the Close of the Window
- Late-Filed Request for Extension of Deadline to Use Self-Provisioned Network
- Waiver of Appeal Filing Deadline – USAC Error Resulted in Late-Filed Appeal
- Waiver of Appeal Filing Deadline – Appeal Submitted a Few Days Late
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Request
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
The December streamlined FCC appeal decisions can be viewed here.