FCC Releases November Appeal Decisions
On November 30, 2017 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E‑rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 6 requests, granted 36 and denied 13 appeals on various grounds.
Successful appeals were tied to:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Unexpected Serious Illness
- Invoice Deadline Extension Request
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Improper Service Provider Involvement
- Unable to Timely File Awaiting USAC Action
- Violation of Competitive Bidding 28-Day Rule
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Improper Service Provider Involvement in the FCC Form 470
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Seeking E-rate Support for Services Not Covered by the Applicant’s Competitive Bidding Process
- Untimely Filed Requests for Review
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here.