Quarterly SLD Board Meeting Highlights
On July 29, 2019, USAC Schools & Libraries Committee held its quarterly board meeting. USAC aims to report to the FCC during the August FCC Quarterly Filing that they have $1 billion in potential rollover. The USAC Schools and Libraries Committee holds quarterly meetings to provide policy guidance to the SLD on a variety of E-rate topics.
- Approved a 4th Quarter 2019 Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism direct program budget of $13.37 million;
- Approved Schools and Libraries Support Demand Projections for the August 2, 2019 FCC Filing;
- Approved Nine USAC Internal Audit Division Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism Beneficiary Audit Reports;
- USAC reports they are “on track” to complete the FY 2019 workable Form 471 applications by September 1;
- FY 2019 Fiber Applications
- 1027 Fiber applications submitted;
- Total requested: $422 million;
- 474 Fiber applications pending;
- FY 2018 Fiber Applications
- 928 Fiber applications committed;
- 11 remain pending
Note: The information above is not the official minutes from the meeting, but simply notes from Funds For Learning. The official minutes for this meeting, as well as minutes from previous meetings, can be found here.