January Appeal Decisions Released by FCC
On January 31, 2020, the FCC issued a Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Additional Discount to Match State Funding for Special Construction
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Failure to Respond to USAC's Request for Information on E-Rate Requirement
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
Appeals involving the following issues were dismissed:
- Failure to Comply with the Commission’s Basic Filing Requirements
- Failure to Identify Any Material Error, Omission, or Reason Warranting Reconsideration
- Petitions for Reconsideration Filed More Than 30 Days After Bureau’s Decision
The January appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the January decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.