On November 3, 2021, Funds For Learning met with the FCC to discuss the results of national survey of E‐rate applicants that was conducted in June 2021. Over 2,100, which is about 10% of all E‐rate applicants, submitted their responses in the nationwide survey. The FY2021 E-rate applicant survey had the highest response rate in the 11-year history of the survey.
Survey respondents showed broad agreement in the following areas:
- More students and library patrons are connected to the Internet because of the E‐rate. [97%]
- E‐rate funding is vital to achieving internet connectivity goals. [95%]
- Applicants can depend on E‐rate funding every year. [89%]
- School and library facilities have faster internet because of the E‐rate. [88%]
- The E‐rate competitive bidding process lowers pricing. [68%]
The Funds For Learning Ex Parte Submission can be viewed here and the presentation is available here