On February 18, 2022, USAC released a News Brief reminding Applicants of impending E-rate deadlines in addition to other program updates. Applicants are reminded that FCC Form 470s are due February 22, 2022, at 11:59pm EST. This allows for the required 28 days wait period before selecting a service provider and submitting and certifying FCC Form 471. The FY2022 FCC Form 471s are due March 22, 2022 at 11:59 EST. USAC noted that Applicants who haven’t submitted their application(s) should undertake these measures before the FY2022 application filing window closes on March 22, 2022:
- Wait the full 28 days before selecting your service provider(s) and submitting and certifying your FCC Form 471
- Make sure that you are able to work on an FCC Form 471
- Start your FCC Form 471, even if you are not ready to provide all funding request details
- Create a contract record for each new contract or legally binding agreement
- Contact the Customer Service Center (CSC) as soon as possible if you need assistance
Additionally, USAC reminded Applicants that February 25, 2022 is the deadline to submit an invoice for FY2020 recurring services, if the applicant or service provider already requested and received a one-time extension of the October 28, 2021 deadline. Applicants are encouraged to request an invoice deadline extension if they have not already requested a one-time extension and need additional time to complete their invoicing process.
The full USAC News Brief can be viewed here.