The FCC has directed USAC to submit all administrative procedures to the Commission for review. While the procedures highlighted in this report are not explicity stated in any Commission rules; they are important to understand if you want to have a successful filing season. The 2005 filing contains four new procedures from last year.
- Long Term Contract Review
- Superintendent Verification of Funding Request
- Cost-Effectiveness Review
- Children's Internet Protection Act Compliance
- When the appeal makes clear that USAC erred in its initial review
- When the appeal provides documentation to correct an assumption USAC made because there was insufficient information in the application file about an issue
- When USAC obtains policy clarificataion or new policies between the time of funding committment and the appeal decision
Funds For Learning has a searchable FCC decision database within E-rate Manager which makes it easy for E-rate stakeholders wanting to appeal to view FCC past precedents.
View the USAC filing.