The reply comments for the latest FCC Universal Service NPRM were due this week and USAC responded by providing additional details of how they operate and what their future plans may include.
USAC agrees with most of the parties that submitted comments that their needs to be:
- More transparency in USF Administration
- Better communication with program participants
- More timely and transparent guidance from the Commission
- Streamlined forms
- More automation for application and invoicing process
USAC further supports:
- A two year application cycle for priority one services and possibly for priority two for multi-year contracts.
- Streamlined review process for small priority one applications that fall below a certain threshold
- Allowing service providers to view the status of their submitted invoices on a secure interface