On March 9th the SLD released its FY 2007 demand estimate which was based on all requests that were timely filed within the filing window. The SLD reported that the demand for FY 2007 was $3.69 billion. Based on a Funds For Learning analysis the FY 2007 demand is now $3.79 billion.
The additional requests are applications that were filed after the Form 471 window had closed. However, based on the Academy for Academic Excellence Appeal Decision that the FCC released this past March it is possible for applicants who miss the Form 471 deadline to still receive funding. The total FY 2006 demand including in and out of window was $3.58 billion.
FY 2007 Statistics:
- Top 100 applicants requested $1.56 billion; FY 2006 the top 100 applicants requested $1.50 billion
- Top 100 service providers total requested $2.54 billion; FY 2006 the top 100 service providers requested $2.30 billion
- Total 90% applicants are 4,126; FY 2006 90% applicants were 4,075
- Total FY 2007 applicants are 22,854; FY 2006 total applicants were 22,769
- Total FY 2007 service providers are 5,230; FY 2006 total service providers were 5,381
View the FY 2007 State by State Analysis