The FCC has released a Public Notice seeking nominations for six board member positions on the USAC Board of Directors.The current slate of board members’ terms are scheduled to expire on December 31, 2009. All nominations are due by November 1, 2009.
Individuals are nominated to represent different stakeholder groups that USAC has interactions with, including:
- schools eligible for E-rate discounts,
- incumbent local exchange carriers,
- state telecommunication regulators,
- interexchange carriers,
- information service providers, and
- rural health care providers
Information about the nomination process, including requirements for qualifications and procedures for nominating individuals can be found in the FCC’s Public Notice .