The invoicing deadline for recurring services from FY 2012 and FY 2013 is October 28, 2014. Applicants should remember that if an extension is necessary, the request for an extension must be submitted before the October 28th deadline.
Based on the new E-rate Modernization Order that was released in July 2014, effective beginning in FY 2014 applicants will be allowed a one-time, 120-day invoice deadline extension, upon request. Barring extraordinary circumstances, USAC will not grant any additional invoicing deadline extensions.
Here is a Funds For Learning analysis of the disbursements to date for FY 2012 and FY 2013:
- 16,209 applicants are using the BEAR invoicing method for $1.055 billion in commitments with $866 million disbursed
- 16,471 applicants are using the SPI invoicing method for $1.448 billion in commitments with $1.17 billion disbursed
- 7,977 applicants have not yet set any payment method for commitments totaling $366 million
- 11,975 applicants are using the BEAR invoicing method for $682.7 million in commitments with $528.4 million disbursed
- 15,051 applicants are using the SPI invoicing method for $901.5 million in commitments with $722.4 million disbursed
- 12,881 applicants have not yet set any payment method for commitments totaling $538.3 million