On January 8, 2015, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler appointed six members to the USAC Board of Directors. The board members were selected from nominations made following a Public Notice issued on October 16, 2015. The new Board members are:
- Hon. Ronald A. Brisé, Commissioner, Florida Public Service Commission
- Alan Buzacott, Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs, Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Brent Fontana, Director of Network Development and Strategy, Zayo
- Dr. Michael Hernandez, Arkansas Department of Education
- Kenneth Mason, Vice President, Business Operators, Frontier Communications Corporation
- Olivia Wein, Lead Telecom Project Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
Dr. Michael Hernandez was appointed the representative for the E-rate (Schools and Libraries) program.
The FCC Public Notice announcing the nominations may be viewed here.