On June 29, 2016, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC granted or partially granted 79 requests and petitions and denied or dismissed 44 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC’s Request for Information;
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications -Circumstances Beyond Applicant’s Control;
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed within 14 days of the Close of the Window;
Appeals involving the below issues were denied:
- FCC Form 470 Competitive Bidding Issues;
- Funding Disbursed for Undelivered Services;
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests;
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications;
- Seeking E-rate Support for Services Not Covered by the Applicant’s Competitive Bidding Process;
- Untimely Filed Request for Review
The FCC directed USAC to render a decision of the successful appeals within 90 days. The June Streamlined Appeal Decisions can be viewed here.