FCC Releases August Appeal Decisions
On August 29, 2016, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC granted or partially granted 22 requests and petitions. However, 28 appeals were denied or dismissed on various grounds.
Successful appeals were tied to:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Circumstances Beyond Applicant's Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Signed Contract Requirement
- Waiver of Appeal Filing Deadline
Denied appeals were tied to:
- Cost-Effectiveness Requirements for Individual Data Plans and Air Cards
- Improper Service Provider Involvement in FCC Form 470
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Service Implementation Delay
- Untimely-Filed Request for Review
The FCC Appeal Decisions can be viewed here.