On September 29, 2017, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 3 requests, granted 15 and denied 13 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to
- Eligible Services
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC's Request for Information
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Error
- Unable to Timely Invoice Awaiting USAC Action
- Waiver of Appeal Filing Deadline
The SLD has 90 days to review these appeals and release funding commitment decision letters based on this public notice.
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Funding Year 2001 CIPA Certification
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Ineligible Entities
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- FCC Form 486 – Late-Filed
- Untimely Filed Requests for Review
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here.