On October 31, 2017, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 8 requests, granted 10 and denied 13 appeals on various grounds.
Successful appeals tied were tied to:
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC's Request for Information
- Grant on Reconsideration – Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Circumstances Beyond Applicants Control
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Unable to Timely File Awaiting USAC Action
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Untimely Filed Requests for Review
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here.