On July 31, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 8 requests, granted 14 and denied 64 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC’s Request for Information;
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed within 14 days of the Close of the Window;
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests;
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors – FCC Form 471
- Untimely – Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here. The FCC directs USAC to complete its review of these applications and issue a funding commitment or a denial based on a complete review and analysis, no later than 90 calendar days of the release of this Public Notice.