On January 28, 2019, USAC Schools & Libraries Committee held its quarterly board meeting. The USAC Schools and Libraries Board discussed that while there is $381 million pending in FY2018 that only represents 1.4% of the total Form 471 applications. As USAC has recently changed Business Processing Operations to Maximus, all applicants with pending FY2018 applications should hear from their new reviewer by February 1.
Other items that were discussed:
- The Board approved the Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism 2nd Quarter 2019 Programmatic Budget at $14.72 million and Demand Projection for the January 31, 2019 FCC Filing;
- The USAC Schools and Libraries Committee voted for Dr. Daniel Domenech to continue to be Chair of the Committee and Julie Tritt Schell to be Vice-Chair;
- The Board heard information about 17 USAC Internal Audit Division Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism Beneficiary Audit Reports
- The SLD shared that 41 FY 2018 Form 471 Fiber Applications are still pending;
- The primary FY 2019 SLD goal is to successfully transition the Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) from Solix to Maximus;
- Over the past 3 funding years, the number of applications requesting pricing confidentiality has declined steadily. In FY 2016, SLD received 161 such applications; in FY 2017 there were 116 confidentiality applications and in FY 2018 only 46 applications had confidentiality implications;
Note: The information above is not the official minutes from the meeting, but simply notes from Funds For Learning. The official minutes for this meeting, as well as minutes from previous meetings, can be found here.