On July 31, 2020, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Discount Calculation – USAC Incorrectly Determined Discount Calculation
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Applicants’ Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Signed Contract Requirement
- Waiver of Appeal/Waiver Filing Deadline Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Waiver of Special Construction Service Delivery Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Improper Service Provider Involvement
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Untimely Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The July appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the July decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.