On July 31, 2020, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Discount Calculation – USAC Incorrectly Determined Discount Calculation
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Applicants’ Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Signed Contract Requirement
- Waiver of Appeal/Waiver Filing Deadline Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Waiver of Special Construction Service Delivery Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Improper Service Provider Involvement
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Untimely Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The July appeal decisions can be viewed here
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the July decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.