On January 29, 2021, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Incorrect Service Start Date on FCC Form 486
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- FCC Form 470 with Inadequate Specificity and No Indication of Request for Proposal (RFP) on Services Being Submitted
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Their Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Funding Year 2020 Application Less Than 60 Days Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 486
- No Signed Contract
- Service Implementation Delay
- Untimely Filed Appeal
- Untimely Filed Appeal – Filed Within a Reasonable Period of Actual Notice
- USAC Decision Issued After Invoice Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Relying on FCC Form 470 That Did Not Seek Bids on Type of E-rate Services Later Requested
The January appeal decisions can be viewed here.
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the January decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.