On October 29, 2021, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Discount Calculation – Allowing Submission of Updated Discount Calculation
- Discount Calculation – Inconsistent Application of District Discount Calculation
- Discount Calculation – Remand to Reprocess Discount Calculation
- Failure to Respond to USAC’s Request for Information
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications –Application Filed More than 30 Days Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 486
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors – FRN Omitted from FCC Form 471 Application
- State-provided Funds Discount
- Untimely Filed Appeal or Waiver Requests
The October appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the October decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.