On January 31, 2022, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding on several requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Discount Rate Calculation
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Service Implementation Delay
- Waiver of Contract Requirement – Signed Contract Contingent on Board Approval
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Improper Consultant and Service Provider Involvement
- Invoice Deadline Extension
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Late-Filed FCC Form 486
The January appeal decisions can be viewed here.
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the January decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.