On August 29, 2007, the FCC issued a Report and Order in which outlined changes for all Universal Service Fund programs. As part of the changes described for the E-rate program, USAC is now required to provide to the FCC certain performance measures for application processing. The measures outlined in the order include:
- Number of eligible applicants served and their discount rate;
- Number of applications and FRNs submitted;
- Average (mean) processing time and percent of applications and FRNs completed by June 1; measured from the date of receipt to the date of commitment or denial;
- Processing time for fastest 50 percent, 75 percent, and 100 percent of the applications and FRNs;
- Number of applications and FRNs rejected;
- Number of applications and FRNs granted;
- Average (mean) dollar amount awarded and median dollar amount awarded, per FRN;
- Total amount disbursed.
Funds For Learning has performed an analysis of available E-rate information from our award-winning E-rate Manager EDGE service to provide all E-rate stakeholders a report of these performance measures. The following is a link to the report.
FFL Performance Measures for Applications Analysis (PDF, 175 KB)