USAC released an RFP for operational support for the Rural Healthcare and Schools and Libraries Program. Solix currently is the contractor that handles the support for those programs.
The responsibilities of the contractor include:
- Responding to customer inquires via phone, email and fax
- Data entry of paper applications and forms
- Document scanning and indexing
- Printing and mailing letters
- Substantive review and analysis of all forms and applications to ensure compliance with FCC rules and USAC procedures
- Communication of the results of the analysis and review of forms to the applicants and/or service providers
- Processing corrections requested by participants, changes to funding requests, and appeals of funding commitment decisions
- Researching new products and services and recommending whether they meet eligibility requirements
- Reviewing and approving invoices submitted by service providers requesting payment for eligible services in accordance with funding commitment decisions
- Authorizing payment on valid invoices
The RFP due date is February 25th and the tentative award date is July 1, 2008
The Operational Support RFP can be viewed here .