Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Demand Estimate for FY 2010 Established

In a communication from USAC to the FCC which was released this week, the SLD estimates that $3.92 billion in funding has been requested for the 2010 Funding Year. This represents a drop of 1.8% over last year according to the communication from Mel Blackwell, Vice President of the Schools and Libraries Division of USAC.

Just over $2 Billion (or 52% of the total requested) falls within the Priority One categories of Telecom Services and Internet Access. The remaining 48% of the total requested is for Internal Connections and Basic Maintenance.

Each year, the SLD submits its estimation of demand to the FCC, which provides all parties information about how much funding has been requested in each category. The total amount funded will ultimately be lower, due to a variety of reasons including duplicate requests, applicant cancellations, and SLD reviews.

question icon

We’re here to help!

Our mission is to provide high-quality consulting and support services for the needs of E-rate program participants. We consult with applicants to help them understand, effectively utilize, and maintain compliance with E-rate rules and regulations. We help prepare and submit paperwork, and interact with program administrators on our clients’ behalf.

Request a Consultation