On September 30, 2015, the Federal Communications Commission released several appeal decisions related to the E-rate program. The FCC granted 32 appeals and waivers, while denying 16 appeals.
Successful appeals and waiver requests were related to the following topics:
- Allowing Installation of Internal Connections from Separate Vendor
- Failure to Consider Price as the Primary Factor in Vendor Selection Process
- Ministerial and Clerical Error
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests Less Than 12 Months Late
- Late Filed FCC Form 471 Application Filed within 14 days of the Close of the Window
- Late Filed FCC Form 471 Application – Unexpected Serious Illness or Death
- Signed Contract Requirement
Appeals were denied regarding the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Request Less than 12 Months Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Untimely Filed Request for Review
The FCC Appeal Decisions can be viewed here.