On August 29, 2016, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC granted or partially granted 22 requests and petitions. However, 28 appeals were denied or dismissed on various grounds.
Successful appeals were tied to:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Circumstances Beyond Applicant’s Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Signed Contract Requirement
- Waiver of Appeal Filing Deadline
Denied appeals were tied to:
- Cost-Effectiveness Requirements for Individual Data Plans and Air Cards
- Improper Service Provider Involvement in FCC Form 470
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Service Implementation Delay
- Untimely-Filed Request for Review
The FCC Appeal Decisions can be viewed here.